- Purchase items early and on sale.
- Give homemade gifts or written promises (IOUs) to do a personal favor or simply spend time with someone.
- Shop with a list of three to five options per person and pick one gift for each person.
- Take advantage of retail store coupons to maximize savings.
- Consider giving gift cards – they are always welcome.
- Use common sense when shopping for the holidays; you can please your loved ones without going over your budget.
Monday, November 23, 2015
Smart Shopping for the Holidays
By Maria Francisca Mendoza, Financial Capability Educator